Trying to keep motivated? Hard to do when it feels like we’re never going to move beyond this pandemic 🙁
It has given me time to work on the “Business” of my business and one of my goals is to provide informative and creative topics for these Newsletters. I’d love to hear some of your suggestions of what may be of interest to you, especially during this time.
I chose this month’s topic to be flooring as many have a hard time deciding which material to use, whether it’s hardwood, tile or the most currently asked for product- Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT). Here’s all you need to know about the most asked for flooring option!
Please stay safe and healthy!
Flooring- Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)
There’s nothing like the beauty and feel of hardwood flooring, but lately we are gettng more requests for LVT flooring. Why you might ask? There’s quite a few reasons more homeowners are requesting it for their Kitchens, Laundry Rooms, Bathrooms, Family Rooms, etc. Read below to see what the hoopla is all about!
LVT Floor Pros and Cons:
These floors are gaining popularity for their looks but also more importantly for their affordability and more:
- Resistant to stains, scratches & dents
- Heat Resistant
- Pet & Kid friendly
- Varied plank widths & lengths
- Many color options & tone variations
- Hand scraping & weathered features
- Easy installation
- Only requires mopping and sweeping
Not many negatives:
- Can’t be refinished
- Difficult to replace planks
- May be trendy long term
- Doesn’t have cache of hardwood flooring
LVT floor options
Specifications of LVT:
- High-quality image embossing, duplicating the look of real wood
- 20 / 30 MIL thick top layer options
- Eurethane finish
- solid core centers
- floating floor system; click-lock system of planks that snap together
- Typical construction of (5) Layers consisting of:
- Top layer of polyurethane coating (aluminum oxide)
- 2nd- clear film “wear” layer
- 3rd- printed layer of photo-realistic imaging
- 4th- rigid vinyl core for strength
- Backing- foam, cork or vinyl
- standard 15 – 30 year warranties
- Pricing varies between $3.50 – $15 sq. ft.