I can’t believe we’re heading into fall and in a few months the holidays will be here!
Speaking of the holidays, if you hope to get any projects done before Thanksgiving, time is running out so give me a call and let’s get started!!!
This month’s topic is all about Bathroom Design and Remodeling. Along with Kitchens, Bathroom remodels are in high demand, especially in our current environment. They require considerable planning, technical knowledge and attention to detail for the best results. Read on for a helpful guide to creating your dream Bathroom!!!
Please stay safe and healthy!
DESIGN & PLANNING PHASE
It can be overwheming when considering all the details that go into planning a bathroom remodel and here are just some elements that need to be considered:
- Functionality- Master Baths, Kids / Guest Baths & Powder Rooms have different use requirements. Be clear on what you want.
- Layout- Do you plan to remove and replace existing fixtures in the same locations or relocate fixtures; have the space to add another sink or freestanding tub; create a walk-in shower? These changes are impacted by spacial requirements and affect pricing.
- Design Scheme- Classic, Spa inspired, Farmhouse, Beachy, or Modern. What’s your design aesthetic and how (or) does it relate to the rest of your home?
Just a sampling of items to consider:
- Counters & Splash
- Fixtures & Faucets Shower Enclosure
- Ventilation / Heating
- Window(s) & Door(s)
- Trims / Casings
- Accessories / Hardware
These photos of a current project for my client’s Master Bath Remodel showcase some of the many stages involved…
Read on to find out the best practices when working with a contractor:
- Get 2-3 bids to compare pricing and scope description, building processes and quality of materials to be used.
- Communication- confirm how often he or the Project Manager will be onsite and provide progress updates.
- Does he use subs or most of the work himself?
- Insist they keep the site clean and pick up debris at the end of each day.
- Permits- building codes require pulling permits if you touch electrical or plumbing, change out windows, etc. Discuss these issues with your contractor.
- California mandates an intial deposit of 10% of job cost or $1,000 – whichever is less to begin project.
- Outline progress payments based on work stages- never pay full price up front.
- Make all product and material selections up front to avoid allowances
- Avoid Scope Creep- keep track of all change orders and get them in writing.
- Be courteous & respectful of your contractor & his trades, as you would expect from them.
- And finally- it’s construction. Expect the unexpected!
Stay tuned for the finished product including quartz counters and splash, plumbing finishes, windows, lighting & more! It’s going to be AMAZING!!!
OC - OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
And now for some outdoor fun!
Looking for an adventure? Tour the OC coastline for a birds-eye view of our beautiful city!
From Cruiser to Mountain & Electric bikes, Standup paddle boards, Kayaks and Golf equipment, this company has it all.
They also offer daily bicycle tours of Newport Beach, Balboa Island & Pensinsula, and Cororna del Mar.
This little jewel of a zoo is open and following CDC guidelines for your little cowboys and girls. Check out their website for more info.